Is your laboratory accredited to ISO/IEC 17025? If so, for how many parameters?
DTL meets about 499 parameters as on September 2021. That is over 50% more parameters than any other laboratory in Qatar and still expanding to meet the needs and demands of our respectable clients.
What is DTL’s scope and range of available testing?
Scope and Range: Physical, mechanical and chemical tests of soil, aggregate, concrete, cement, cement additives, masonry blocks, paving blocks, kerbstone, tiles, flags, and rocks and physical and mechanical testing of asphaltic bituminous pavements, road marking, reinforced steel bars, water analysis tests for construction and environmental usages, Non-Destructive Tests, Geo-textiles membrane and plastics, steel covers (DI manhole covers, etc.), UPVC/UP/HDPE/GRP/Clay Pipes, Bitumen Sheets, Window/Cladding Leak Test and Geotechnical.
Is DTL listed in Qatar’s Public Works Authority (ASHGHAL)’s approved vendor list?
Yes. DTL is listed as Grade “A” – the highest accreditation category of the department’s comprehensive assessment of laboratories. This is yet another assurance of DTL’s efficiency, credibility and accuracy of testing.
Does DTL have “Certificate of Conformity” from the Ministry of Environment’s Laboratories & Standardization department?
Yes. DTL’s MME Certification covers our whole scope of offerings including physical, mechanical and chemical tests.
Has DTL participated in QP/ NDIA/ Qatargas/ RasGas/ Kahramaa Projects?
DTL has built its prestigious reputation by playing integral roles in all of the above project clients and other major firms.
Does DTL have capability to setup laboratory testing on-site of major projects?
Yes. DTL is very experienced in remote and mobile testing units and offers on-site testing services that span as many months or years as needed.
Has DTL participated in any international infrastructure projects?
DTL has participated in a significant number of national, regional and international projects. Many of these projects have required laboratories to be setup on-site until completion, including:
- United Engineers Malaysia (Salwa International Highway)
- Gamuda WCT JV (Dukhan Highway)
- Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd. (Lusail Expressway)
- Hyundai Rotem-Aqualia Mace JV (Al Thakhira Sewage Treatment Works, Transfer Pumping Station & Associated Pipelines)
- Daewoo Engineering and Construction (New Orbital Highway & Truck Road P023 (Contract 4)
- Habtoor Leighton Group/Al Jaber Engineering JV (New Orbital Highway & Truck Route)
- Qatar Building Company (Roads and Infrastructure in Doha Industrial Area – Package 03)
- Teyseer Asphalt Plant (Routine Check)
- Sand and Rock Crusher Plant (Routine Check)
What markets does DTL serve?
With global importing arrangements available when it comes to lab equipment and its accessories, Doha Technical Laboratories (DTL) offers all testing services to clients worldwide. However, on-site testing units are only offered for nationwide projects across the State of Qatar.